The Lake Nakuru park excursion departs from Nairobi’s Hilton Hotel at 7am. and immediately whisked…
Christmas with Elephants & Giraffes – Kshs. 3,000
Christmas with Elephants & Giraffes
Don’t let loneliness creep in this Christmas after all your neighbours travel upcountry. Treat yourself, family and family friends to a Christmas excursion like no other.
- You will have an opportunity to:
- Enjoy a city tour
- Feed the giraffes
- Feed baby elephants
- Do a nature walk
- Engage in a board walk, and
- Have a sumptuous meal in a serene environment.
8.00AM: Meeting Point & Departure:
- Meet at exactly 8am outside the Hilton Bata Shop
8.30 – 10.30 AM – Giraffe Center:
- Drive to the Giraffe Center to arrive in time for giraffe feeding. To get even closer, go up to the Feeding Platform. Don’t leave without getting a kiss!
- Attend a short lecture on the giraffe to learn how and why they are taken care of as endangered animals.
- If time permits you will take a stroll. Watch out for smaller animals such as dik dik and squirrel.
10.30AM Drive to David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust
11.00am – 12.00pm – David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust
-The trust is dedicated to the rehabilitation of the orphaned elephants & rhinos. The Orphans’ Project exists to offer hope for the future of Kenya’s threatened elephant and rhino populations as they struggle against the threat of poaching for their ivory and horn, and the loss of habitat due to human population pressures and conflict, deforestation and drought.
-Arrive in time for the feeding.
-Here you come up close to the baby elephant and rhino and you can have a chance to bottle feed them.
-Watch them play after the feeding.
– If you wish you can donate to help the Trust continue its good work.
12.30 pm – Drive to Nairobi Safari Walk.
1.00 – 2.00 pm – Have a sumptuous lunch at The Kenya Wildlife Service Cafeteria.
2.15 – 4.15 pm – Engage in a Safari Walk in Nairobi National Park.
With its raised wooden boardwalk that allows for uninterrupted views of the animals, the Safari Walk is a show case for Kenya’s Parks and Reserves, allowing visitors to discover what they can expect to see across the country.
You can see a sample of the country’s rich animal life including the rare bongo, white rhino and albino zebra as well as big cats, antelopes and primates. It is also home to some 150 species of local trees.
4.30 – Drive back to meeting point from where you can leave for your residence.
5.00 PM – END OF OUR SERVICES
ADULTS – Kshs. 3,000 per person
CHILD (3-12 YEARS) – Kshs. 2,000 per child
- Transport from/ back to the meeting point – Outside Hilton Bata Shop
- Transport in 9 seater van or 25 seater bus
- Entrance fees to the Giraffe center, David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust & Nairobi Safari walk.
- Lunch, a bottle of water/ soda
Excursion doesn’t include:
- Things of personal nature
- Pocket money
- Pick up from residential homes
- Any service not included in the itinerary